Friday, April 14, 2006

The rest of the world must be travelling at a significant fraction of the Speed of Light...

... because I'm moving so damn slow.

Today I plugged the game in for the first time. I tested the voltage at the internal outlet, and got a satisfying 120V... not totally unexpected, since it comes directly from the power cord, but I am being extremely careful. Then I plugged the transformer in and turned the game on. Despite its rust, it emitted the typical pinball hum, so it appears to be working.

Next up, I have to do the job I've been dreading: The identification of the cables. That will be followed by a few more voltage tests, and finally (providing none of the cables is missing) plugging in my boards and seeing what happens.

On the bad news front, yesterday while trying to determine which parts in the parts list correspond to the parts I'm missing from the playfield, I found a divot in the playfield's Diamond Coat that goes down to the wood. Ouch! Today I found another one! Gak! Luckily they're both small and in areas of relatively uniform color, but still...

No comments: