Thursday, March 04, 2010

On Location

Well, everything went pretty well. As I mentioned, the game was loaded up, and the next day I drove the car and pin to work. After work I drove out to John's Place, getting there a little after 7. Only two other people were there, so I started unloading everything myself and setting it up. I did get some help when I lifted the backbox onto the game, but otherwise I got everything put back together in about a half hour. I was going to get help putting the back legs on, but then somebody pointed out that there was a pinball cart available. Boy, did that make things easier. In fact, later I realized that I had put the front legs on the back, so rather than adjusting the feet I just put the game on the cart and swapped the legs in about 2 minutes. Suddenly a cart seems like a good use of $300.

The game didn't get a lot of play while I was there. A couple of people played it after league, and a few told me how nice it looked -- it is a visually striking game, and it helps that at the time it was sitting next to Cyclopes, which looks like it was drawn by a 12 year-old on a textbook cover. I don't know if they're going to use the game in the tournament or if it's just going to be there for practice. The tournament starts tomorrow, so I'm going to go after work.

One funny thing that happened on Monday was the comedy of errors continued and I finished the night at #1 in A Division. One of the guys I was supposed to play against didn't show up and had no pre-played scores, so he forfeited. By dumb luck, one of the games we played was Mousin' Around, which usually does pretty well for me in league play, and the remaining guy I played against doesn't do well on it at all. I won one other game, and he beat me on the other two but not spectacularly, so I ended up in first place. I expect that to last exactly two weeks, but only because we have the Monday after the tournament off.

No comments: