Thursday, March 11, 2010

Fairfax Pinball Tournament: Epic Swag!

Here's some extra post-tournament coolness: When I opened up the envelope containing my $62.50 in prize money, I found it contained a coupon for a free pre-registration package to PAPA! Yoink! That's a $35 value. I was not sure if I was going to go this year because it's such a long drive, but now I can't afford not to go! I immediately registered.

Then I asked the lovely and talented Mrs. Entropy if, since she enjoyed the trip to the Silver Ball Museum, she might want to accompany me to PAPA. And she said yes! Not only will it be more fun with the wife along, but she's a lot better at nighttime hell drives than I am. So if we go as a day trip, it won't be as rough on me.

And finally, when I went to pick up Quicksilver on Monday, it had earned just over $52! I gave half to John, which brought my total income from the tournament to $124 in cash and prizes, or about $80 after expenses. Sweet.

To top it off, Wednesday's league night was an ass-kicking, but for a change it was me kicking the ass instead of my ass being kicked. I didn't stay for the final reckoning, but I got 4 points on all my games, which is the maximum score you can get. Yay for our side!

No comments: