Sunday, March 18, 2007

Hey, watch me buy more stuff!

Tonight I bought another Doctor Who parts machine. Ideally, I will get a better looking cabinet (the red has not faded, but there may be some scuff marks on the side), a Dalek topper (hopefully with all the parts), a playfield, and a bunch of stuff that I can sell. Probably I'll do the classic parts machine shuffle... keep the best and sell the rest.

I was bidding by proxy tonight. We had driven my daughter back to school after her Spring Break, and we ended up leaving about an hour late. So we got up there an hour late, and didn't leave until about 8:30. The auction ended at ~9:45, and I knew that we probably couldn't make it back home by then, so we had my daughter login to our account and directed her to bid using our secret bidding techniques over the phone (she has actually started using simplified versions of these techniques for her own auction purchases). I won it for just over $200, which is about $100 less than I would have paid. It's in PA, and I'll probably try to pick it up next weekend. Then we'll find out if I'm a champ or a chump...

No comments: