Saturday, March 17, 2007

Eegah!

I was so close! Tonight, I actually got to play one complete ball on Doctor Who.

While my wife watched the commentary on Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny, I replaced the switch on the right flipper because the thing that closes the EOS switch kept hanging up on the switch. That took a while, but I got it back together and ran through the flipper test and it worked fine. The upper left flipper still won't hold, but holding really doesn't do you a lot of good on a vertical flipper anyway. Then I loaded the balls -- the outhole kicker loaded the balls oh so sweetly -- ran a rag over the playfield to get the accumulated dust off, and tied down the slingshot rubbers. It was time to play!

So as I said, I got through one ball fine. The Tardis kicker seems to fire every few seconds, so we'll probably need to take care of that at some point. My second ball started, I was doing OK, then the right flipper stuck. >:(

I took the flipper apart again and took out the entire thing that closes the EOS switch assembly. I intended to replace it with the new one from the flipper rebuild kit, but after I put it on I remembered that it was for a left flipper. So what I'll probably do is use the one from the Hurricane flipper set that I got the coils from. I didn't feel like staying up later, so that'll have to be tomorrow.

There are some interesting eBays going on in the upcoming week. Actually, I think the same clown who tried to sell the Dalek head for $100 is at it again. This time, he's selling a ramp for $100 (which one? probably the big one, but who knows? He has no pictures!) with $25 shipping. He selling some other crap for too much money as well. I hope nobody buys from him again, since it just rewards bad behavior.

No comments: