Friday, May 05, 2006

Excessively uneventful

I just need to point this out... Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children finally came out domestically and we watched it last weekend, and the coolest part comes after Tifa battles the bad guy with the moussed hair. The music is a piano version of the FFVII battle music, then at the end of the battle, we hear the end of battle theme, and it's the ringtone on the bad guy's cell phone. Awesome!!!

Sorry for the trufan gush there. Very little has happened with Doctor Who. Mostly I've been taking carefuller inventory of the missing/wrong parts on the game and honing my shopping list for the Allentown show, which I'm going to tomorrow (eee!).

Hey, I just realized it's been a while since I wrote. I got the last backbox board from an eBay auction last week from the guy I got most of the other boards from (I was happy to note that shipping costs were much, much more reasonable and he used Priority Mail this time). I ended up paying more than I wanted, because the auction ended late on a work night, so I told my wife my max bid. Well, she goofed up and bid too much, but it was only $4 than my max, so it's not that bad. To make things worse, she got me a $40 PayPal gift certificate for our Anniversary, which I found after I paid for the auction. :( There was no joy in Mudville that morning...

I got my first income from the game... I sold some of the sockets I got at auction to the other bidder for $4. YESH!

So, I packed up the car with lists, directions, notes, sample parts, beef jerky, Lo-carb Monster Energy drinks, a couple of tools, my Harry Potter book on CD, Pinball's Greatest Hits CD (remixed music from Pinball games for $2! Neato!), and my wife's camera is charging. Yay!

No comments: