Tuesday, March 21, 2006

A quick side trip to laugh at some guy on eBay

We'll return to our regularly scheduled broadcast in a sec, but I had to relay this gemlet of information that makes me collapse in hails of derisive laughter.

Since Doctor Who is pretty much boardless in the head, I'm trolling eBay for replacements with saved searches and whatnot. So, this morning I see that some guy posted some boards that I need, and they're pretty funny. His description is basically just the title of the auction and his outrageous shipping charge ($15 for one pcb?). He apparently put the boards on his couch to take his picture -- which I'm sure is excellent if you want to give the board an extra zap with static electricity. The starting bid on one is $30 less than you can buy a brand new replacement, and both of them have parts missing.

I looked at some of his older auctions and it looks like he picked through the junk box at a gaming convention and is now trying to sell the stuff on eBay. I swear one of his earlier auctions looks like one I bought for $5 so I could practice soldering.

I'm watching the auctions just to see if anyone is silly enough to bid on them.

No comments: