Friday, June 24, 2011

9 1/2 Months

I am a nut for to-do lists, so much so that I save them. Here are a couple of items from the last months: 

Christmas 2010 - Blog
Feb 2011 - Update blog
3/4/11 - blog!
5/6/11 - start bloggin

Etc. Unfortunately, blogging is always harder than not blogging, and the longer you don't blog the larger the backlog of things to write about becomes... I'm reminded of a diary that I kept religiously in the early 80's that eventually became a many pages long to-do list of things to write about, until finally I got to the point where I couldn't remember what my cryptic comments meant. 

But there comes a time in a boy's life when he has to shit or get off the pot... so be prepared for me to take a massive dump on you, my loyal readers.

Here's what I've done lo, these many months, in no particular order:
  • Got Terminator 2 up and running, even to the point of it making its public debut
  • Loaned two games out for a league party
  • Did not make the league playoffs for the first time since I started
  • Participated in the Pinburgh tournament against some of the best players in the world, and came in ninth (yeah, you heard me... Ninth, bitches!)
  • Added mapping to the Pinball Locator
  • Got my league back to reporting our stats to the World Pinball Ranking website
  • Was solicited to help bring the PARS rating system back to life
  • Organized my basement to the point where I could actually get to most of my games, but then a bunch of stuff happened that made it all fall apart
  • Attended the opening of the National Pinball Museum in December, which my daughter was instrumental in getting to happen
  • Started volunteering to help fix games at the National Pinball Museum, which is fun and educational
  • Mourned the possible closing of the National Pinball Museum in July, which my daughter didn't really have much to do with
  • Got a crapload of new playfields for my playfield project, which I have non-bindingly vowed will move forward this year
And there's probably a bunch of other junk which I can't remember. In the next few days/weeks/months I'll probably write about one or more of these things and a few more besides.

So, to subtly reference the massive dump metaphor one last time: Let's get a move on.

No comments: