Monday, August 10, 2009

ugh

Week 9 was a bad week, and I just got home from Week 10 and it sucked pretty bad, too. My warmup games were crap, and my league games were crap. Luckily the other guys in my group were mostly playing from crap as well, because it was like a toilet backed up or something. It was made worse by one of the guys in my group listening to his iPod the whole time, which I found kind of rude. I should still be able to get into the playoffs, though.

Next Friday I'm heading up to PAPA for some pin in the 'burgh. Hopefully I'll play better than I did tonight.

I did have a lucky Doctor Who repair incident. I started playing a few nights ago and I'm surprised I hadn't noticed it before, but there was only a screw where there should have been a post and bumper at the bottom of the Repair Targets and the Hang On corridor... looking at an old picture confirms it. Anyway, I must have whacked the screw askew with a well placed ball. Luckily, my basement was arranged such that the spare playfield was right behind me, so I took the post & rubber off and put it on in the working game. Problem solved!

Longtime readers will be tired of this refrain, but I'm starting to get a hankering to work on my playfield project again. I even rearranged things slightly so that Silverball Mania, my designated experimental playfield, is set up next to the desk. Something's bound to happen now!

No comments: