Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Suck post

Not much to say and I'm tired & sick, so this will be short.

One of the interesting eBay auctions just went off a few minutes ago... it was an NOS Centaur playfield with some of the parts attached to it, and the parts just happened to be all the parts that I needed. My max bid was in the low $400s, and it went for almost twice that. Still, there are more of those Winter crazy auctions coming up, so there will be plenty of things for me to spend my money on.

I've started this thing where I have to do a certain amount of cleaning, long-term projects, and pinball work each weekend. I had to drive my daughter back to college on Sunday, so that kind of messed things up, but I did do my pinball work. I replaced the chattering upper right flipper on Paragon, which went well. If you recall, I had two Bally flipper coils that I bought a few years ago... when I was in Los Angeles, a friend drove me past what was then the storefront for PJ's Pinball shop, which eventually became PJ's Pinball Museum. At the time it was more of a repair shop, though. Anyway, I came back either a few days or the next time I was out with my dad and PJ was actually there.
We talked for a while, I looked around and drooled a lot, he let me play a game or two, and he made me feel better by telling me that sometimes Steve Young made him feel like an idiot, too. Then I was casting about for something I could buy, and I thought about the chattering flipper on Paragon, so I got two coils from him -- in classic Joe Entropy fashion, I bought two in case I messed one up -- this may have pre-dated my involvement with Eight Ball Deluxe, or maybe it was before EBD was sufficiently working. Anyway, I used one of the coils on EBD a few months ago, and now I finally replaced the one on Paragon. Man, it's a lot easier to play when you have a decent chance of catching the ball on the flipper.

Oh, while I was in Gettysburg I stopped in and played a few NASCAR games. Every time I play, more stuff is not working. I've still got the grand champion and 3rd place score, though. heh

I'm really getting antsy to start doing some preliminary tests on the playfield project... so much so that I just sent a picture of Silverball Mania, which will probably be the first playfield I try to get working, to work to hang in my cube. I post it on the wall so I see it almost every time I turn away from my computer... this is supposed to inspire me to work on the game in my off hours. Previously I've posted Doctor Who & Black Knight, and I got both of those into playable shape, so I have high hopes that this will work with SBM as well.

No comments: