Friday, May 04, 2007

Short, but informative

So we're moving along with the DIA... the mini-playfield sold for $77, the wire ramp for $5, and the plastics for $14. I would have liked a little more for the mpf and plastics, but I guess $100 is about what I've seen mpfs go for in the past, and I guess I should be happy the plastics sold at all, since they weren't in great condition.

Today we got a new puppy, and getting him to go to sleep is a little tough. O_o;

I just noticed that I hadn't posted my last entry from a week ago. So there it is.

Tomorrow is Pinball Wizards, if the puppy doesn't keep me up all night.

The big news today is BK testing, which I was going to write about in the last entry and this one, too. Last weekend I finally started looking into the Black Knight. I knew that fuse F2 blew every time I turned it on, which meant a coil problem of some sort. I also checked everything to verify that it's getting the correct voltages and it all checked out.

Tonight I started in on the diagnostic of the coils. The first thing on the list was "Check to see if the slingshot or bumper switches are stuck closed." The bumper was. I taped it open, powered up the game, and went straight into audit mode. Now I feel kind of embarrassed that I waited so long to fix something as simple as that. I changed the batteries (they were long dead) and the game went into attract mode. Yay for our side.

But all is not won just yet. When I started a game, the balls wouldn't come out. It turns out none of the solenoids are working. I checked the plug and changed the fuse, but no go. I didn't want to stay up late frustrating myself before I have to get up early and drive 200 miles, so I bailed with the small consolation that the game at least runs now.

No comments: