Thursday, April 19, 2007

One small step forward for a man, one giant leap backward for Mankind

Yeah, here's some of that action I mentioned in the last post: The DIA went up .01. That's because none of the plastics I posted sold, and the ramp I thought would carry everything else went for the asking price, $7.50. If I hadn't miscalculated the ramp's shipping weight in my favor, I wouldn't have broken even by 8 cents. Not a great week on eBay.

I also didn't post any of the other stuff I had. I decided to try to flatten out the Skateball plastics, and spiff up the mini-playfield slightly. To that end, I bought a sheet of new blue spring steel to replace the rusty piece and a sheet of mylar to replace the grody stuff that's on there. I also picked up some clear washers to see if I can de-emphasize the broken plastic and some post rubber to replace the ones that had rotted out. I ordered this stuff from Bay Area and PBR, and this time I spoke to Mrs. Pinball Resource instead of Steve Young. I also got a new launch button to replace my cracked one... Bay Area's been out of stock for a while, and Marco charges too much for them, so PBR was the right combination of price and availability.

Good and bad news on Doctor Who... the mini-playfield has decided to continue working. I ran it through the self test after reassembling everything and replacing the fuse and it still works correctly. Of course, during my first game I found that an entire column of switches is not working. I don't know if I did this while manhandling the game to try to get the mpf out or if something happened when I blew the fuse. So if I have time that my end up being my project for the weekend. Quelle fun. But before that, I'm going to try to debug Black Knight, which has sat dormant for several years now. Yes! I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and hear the lamentation of the women on their backglasses!

No comments: